Types of hosting services
A hosting solution implies hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a web server hosted by a web hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services used for various goals, so let's examine them. In that way, you can elect what you need, based on whether you desire to set up a website, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution provided by some companies, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services are often supported by displaying ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific amount of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely improper interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would assign the workload between different hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a kind of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is good if you wish to share a vast amount of pics with friends or acquaintances since the service is typically free of charge. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your mail address accounts. Some vendors offer web site hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you wish to get a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to keep as many video files as you want without worrying about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to have a website. To some extent, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, etc. At ALL IN ONE-BENIN, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for specific web content only.